Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tequila Tuesday, continued...

TIEBUCKERS in Somers, MT

Just before I started down to Somers, MT for our Tequila Tuesday get-together, a huge windstorm/hailstorm/rainstorm moved throught the area.  My son, Eli, was planning to bike down to Somers and join us and, thankfully, the weather improved before he left the house.  I met Linda at our regular carpooling site and we drove down where we met my friend Michelle in the bar.  Turns out that Tiebuckers was short-staffed, so the bar was the only room open.

Michelle was ahead of us - had already ordered a margarita from Barry the barman when we got there.  We sat down and promptly ordered our margaritas (except for Eli who deviated from the spirit of the event by ordering a gin & tonic - what a rebel!).  The drinks were crisp and tasty, although Linda thought that they came from a mix.  We should have asked Barry because he was a character who would have either told us his secret (if there was one) or told us to piss off.  He once ran a bar in Gillette, WY, so I know that would have been in his character.  Anyway, we all had two drinks, so they weren't that disappointing.

I had a wild salmon special with a Caesar salad, baked potato and deep-fried green beans (tasty, but I only got 5 beans with my meal).  Eli had shrimp and chips and Michelle had a blue-cheese covered steak.  I can't remember what Linda had (I blush to admit it, but the second margarita might have had something to do with that), but we were all satisfied with the food.  The portions were smaller than I remember Tiebuckers serving, but that's okay, they were sufficient.

The company was wonderful, the laughter and talk fun, and it was also fun to chat with Barry who was helping out with customers at the tables.  All in all, an enjoyable evening, but I'm afraid not the best margaritas in the valley.  The Quest continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment